Thursday, February 26, 2009

Win a FREE item from my Shop!!

What: I made these curtains for my mother-in-law's dining/piano room. They're a little on the rustic side, and they need some embellishment. I'm thinking I'd like to embroider something up the right side (maybe silhouettes of birds, or flowers or just a design?), and maybe add some buttons? I'm not really sure what to do, and am looking for some ideas! I'm offering a free item from my shop to the person whose design my mother-in-law ends up choosing for her curtains!

When: You have until March 15th to submit all design ideas, suggestions, and patterns. We will make a decision by March 20th.

How: Go to my website, http://thingsthataremade.etsy.com and contact me there. (You will have to create an account) This way, if I know you, I won't recognize your username, and I can choose fairly between designs, rather than between friends!
Look on the right side of the page for "contact thingsthataremade." Click there and attach a jpeg of your design or pattern idea. Feel free to contact me or leave comment on my blog with any questions!

Thank you SO much! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Have fun!

Here are some pictures of the curtains, and a close-up of the fabric. It's almost like burlap, with flecks of browns and blues in it. Keep in mind that these curtains abide in a house on a farm :)

5 comments:

Robin said...

ooooo... I love a contest. I love winning things.

And I love your cards....

give me some time and I'll enter something.

Henry and Lorna said...

now you're stirring up those feelings of competition, aren't you! I love to win, too!!
hmmmmmmm....

Linda Thomson said...

Well if Lorna loves to win, I love to win even more...I mean we've been at it since the day we were born. (Good thing it's not volleyball, tennis or the likes she'd win for sure!) hmmmmmmm....

Love the idea!! Aunt Linda

John and Janelle said...

Hooray for competition! I can't WAIT to see what you come up with! :) This is going to be so fun! The question has been asked: "Can I enter more than one idea?" and I say, why not?? just send them in separate emails and note that they are separate entries! Thanks!

Linda Thomson said...

Ohhhh Janelle, How hard it must have been to select ONE out of your entries!! Well I'm glad you liked mine :) It's been a long time since I have sat down and created something a little out of my norm and I absolutely loved it. Thank YOU for inspiring all of us to do new and fun things!
Hugs, Auntie Linda