Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The opening of my Etsy shop!

For years, friends & family have encouraged me to begin selling note cards with my photos online. I'm not very internet or computer savvy, so it just...never happened. my It was obviously just not the Lord's timing. Last year for my birthday, my husband bought me a Canon 40D (which I would never have bought myself!) so I've been taking photos like crazy for the past 10 months. Recently my friend mentioned this great website where you can sell your own handmade stuff, called etsy.com! And then, as the Lord would have it, I lost my job! So suddenly I had lots of time, an open door, and plenty of photos from the past year of using my new camera. As I prayed about what to call my shop, I thought of Romans 1:20 which my husband gave me with the camera:

“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.”

That phrase, "things that are made" is the Greek word "poiema" (from which we get our word "poem"). The only other place in the Bible where this word is used is Ephesians 2:10:

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”

And the light went on--This is one of the good things the Lord prepared for me to walk in--capturing aspects of His creation to proclaim His character! It's my heart and prayer that all who see these images would glorify Him who Created all things.

I'm starting by selling blank note cards featuring my images. Enlargements of all images are also available by request. Custom orders are more than welcome.

So please, check it out! thingsthataremade.etsy.com

0 comments: