Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cheery Tulips

By far my most popular set to date!

Maybe it’s because my ancestors hail from Holland, but I think tulips are my favorite flower! They just ask to be photographed. I wanted tulips in my wedding bouquet, and was told they were out of season. The day before my wedding, there was a big bucket of white tulips on the counter at Trader Joe's!! I was thrilled! I bought them, took them to my florist, and she put them in at the very last minute. Gorgeous!

These particular buds were growing in a yard down the street from me. Early one morning I passed by and out of about 20 shots, this one is the only one I kept.
My husband gave me these for my birthday :)

...I never guessed they'd look so good in black and white!


1 comments:

Eric said...

You got the skills Janelle!